Hi,

I was just glancing over XEP-0186, and I noticed the following section:

> 3.1.2 Client Handling

> While the client is in invisible mode, the client:

>     * MUST maintain a temporary list of entities with which communication is
> allowed, and prompt the user before adding any entity to that "communicants
> list" for this invisibility session; the list MAY be auto-populated with
> trusted entities if so configured by the user.

>     * MUST prompt the user before sending any outbound traffic (message,
> presence, or IQ stanza) to a contact even if the user generated such traffic;
> upon receiving authorization from the user, the client SHOULD add the
> authorized entity to the communicants list for this invisibility session.

This UI seems ridiculous to me: if my client did this, it would really
annoy me. If I'm invisible but want to message a contact, that's my
choice. My client shouldn't get in the way (unless I want it to, which I
don't). Unfortunately, per the XEP a client that behaves how I want
rather than as above is buggy.

Perhaps this section could be removed, or rephrased as one possible UI?
XEPs mandating particular UI behaviour seems like a bad idea in general,
especially when the mandated behaviour is undesirable. :)

Regards,
--
Will