I think the examples you give are arguably client bugs.

Ji=C5=99=C3=AD Z=C3=A1rev=C3=BAck=C3=BD wrote:
> You generate traffic by opening a window.

You don't need to.

> You generate it by displaying your contact's information.

Then don't do so unless the contact's already whitelisted (because you
sent them an IM) and have a "show more information (may reveal your
existence" button.

> You can even generate it by hovering mouse over your contact in
> roster.

Your client really shouldn't generate traffic then.

Obviously the client should try not to expose the user without them
doing something that obviously exposes them, so prompting them if they
wouldn't expect to be exposed is reasonable. I think that's what the XEP
was trying to ensure, but I think it goes too far.

--=20
Will