fre 2010-01-22 klockan 21:15 -0700 skrev Peter Saint-Andre:
> A number of XEPs are due to be deferred in the next 4-5 weeks. Here is
> my take...
>
> 1. XEP-0215: External Service Discovery
>    http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0215.html
>
> I still find this interesting, but we've never received much feedback on
> it. Thoughts?

I still think we're going to need some way for servers to hand out TURN
credentials (even though the IP/port of the services themselves can be
handled by SRV records).
I think I remember some suggestion on some change to this XEP, I'll see
if I can find the discussion on this and read up a bit again...

> 2. XEP-0232: Software Information
>    http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0232.html
>
> I think this is dead in the water, given how strongly Council members
> and others resisted it last time. However, be aware that people still
> want this feature, and will use XEP-0092 instead forever.
>
> 3. XEP-0234: Jingle File Transfer
>    http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0234.html
>
> I've been meaning to review this one again soon. We need to move this to
> draft along with the rest of the file transfer stack.

Yes.
I think I'm going to have some feedback on this and XEP-0260

> 4. XEP-0247: Jingle XML Streams
>    http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0247.html
>
> IMHO we don't need this one any longer, so it can lapse without issue.
>
> 5. XEP-0257: Client Certificate Management for SASL EXTERNAL
>    http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0257.html
>
> I'll ping Dirk Meyer about this one.
>
> 6. XEP-0259: Message Mine-ing
>    http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0259.html
>
> The author has some updates on the way.
>
> 7. XEP-0261: Jingle In-Band Bytestreams Transport Method
>    http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0261.html
>
> This one goes along with XEP-0234. Reviews would be appreciated.
>
> 8. XEP-0262: Use of ZRTP in Jingle RTP Sessions
>    http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0262.html
>
> This one depends on draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp (a new version was
> published a few days ago). I'll ping the author of that I-D to find out
> whether he thinks it will move forward soon. I don't think any changes
> to XEP-0262 are needed.
>
> Feedback is welcome as always.
>
> Peter

//Marcus