On 2012-01-19 15:49 , Kevin Smith wrote:
Redefining the meaning of 'room JID' seems unwise at this stage
(especially as it seems we then continue to use the current meaning
elsewhere in the document). ***

The previous naming was very confusing. The 'Room JID' should be the JID that represents the room itself, without the resource part. Having a new 'Occupant JID' to denote the entity's JID within the room (i.e. Room JID + nick as resource) is very much clearer, to me.

When working on the MUC client implementation in Wokkel, I was now able to use consistent names for variables matching these terms. This made it so much more readable.

If the renaming hasn't been done consistently throughout XEP-0045, that should obviously be addressed. I'd be strongly against going back to the previous terminology.

--
ralphm