On 5/29/12 10:16 AM, Goffi wrote:

> It seems that it's not possible to be visible to only a roster group with
> XEP-0186 (except by sending directed presence to each jid individually).
>
> For me it's an important point do manage visibility at the roster group
> level,
> this is possible with privacy lists, not with XEP-0186.

Hi Goffi,

I was thinking about this further, and as you say it *is* possible to
manage visibility at the roster level with XEP-0186: you just need to
send directed presence to everyone in a particular group if you want to
appear online to them. I realize that's not as "clean" from a protocol
perspective, but the protocol details can be hidden from the end user
anyway (something like right-clicking "appear visible to this group" in
the roster list can trigger some number of directed presence stanzas).

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/