On 5/29/12 10:12 AM, Philipp Hancke wrote:
>> XEP-0186 move to Draft so that we can deprecate XEP-0018 and XEP-0126.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> I'd note that in 3.1.1. the server MUST NOT send presence probes when
> being the client is in invisible mode. Of course that makes invisibility
> much less useful ;-)

Hi Philipp,

I looked at XEP-0186 again and it doesn't say that. It does say that if
there is only one connected resource (i.e., the invisible one) then the
server must respond to inbound presence probes as if the user were
offline. But the spec doesn't say anything about outbound presence
probes. Unless I'm missing something. :)

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/