On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Kurt Zeilenga <kurt.zeile...@isode.com>wrote:

>  Suddenly, we now have the potential discrimination issue of software
> permitting audio initations by default, but not being able to do RTT
> initations by default.  This is the discriminatory situation we want to
> avoid. :-)
>

> I guess bandwidth-challedged XMPP networks should be fair and, if they
> want to block one real-tine conversation method, block them all.

This came up as a potential issue.
One software vendor I contacted, suggested that XEP-0301 is a privacy
issue, and implied if added, it would need to be enabled via a user privacy
preference.  (Note: That vendor has audio/video enabled by default in their
XMPP).

But, you know, aren't audio and video potential privacy issues too?
 Especially if used during the wrong times?   It's no different.   (In
fact, often real-time text is more discreet at various times -- it's
quieter and shields from indiscreet sounds or images, while maintaining
real-time conversational interactivity -- and it is useful at various
moments)

It's a real issue that I am concerned about -- vendors implementing RTT but
then not advertising RTT in clients that already has audio/video.