I agree

the word by word is often brought up -- but never implemented.  It make little
sense to add this here and confuse the discussion.  You can't do word by word
without XEP-0301 == and if doing XEP-0301 you can do   NT or WbWord or
SbSentence or CbClause whatever you want.  But I would not get into discussing
or mentioning them except to say that you can allow any of them as options in a
client but should be on the receiving side as a preference.

Talking about doing word by word but sending fragments if person is slow etc is
just confusing this standard.   Keep it simple I think.

Gregg
Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director Trace R&D Center
and Biomedical Engineering