Simon Tennant:
> IMHO, e2e security would probably make more sense as a XEP and working
> group that has the time to zoom into all the implementation details.

Can that be solved by an XEP ?

What about this IETF draft? (I still have to read it)

End-to-End Object Encryption and Signatures for the Extensible Messaging
and Presence Protocol (XMPP)
draft-miller-xmpp-e2e-06
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-miller-xmpp-e2e/

There exist people who mention XMPP as belonging to "faulty
technologies" for which they want to create alternatives:
http://youbroketheinternet.org/

And I try to find out what can be done to improve XMPP regarding
security and privacy.

Cheers,
Andreas