On 2 September 2014 11:05, Evgeny Khramtsov <xramt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tue, 2 Sep 2014 10:57:44 +0100
> Dave Cridland <d...@cridland.net> wrote:
>
> > Just because you disagree with the argument does not make it invalid.
>
> Even though it's valid it doesn't mean it outweighs other arguments.
>
> No, but nor can you just ignore it.

> > I do follow the concept that a decentralized open protocol using a
> > centralized proprietary tool is at the very least somewhat ironic -
> > it's not enough to put me off, though I have other reasons.
>
> Not using convenient tools it ironic.

No, no. That's really not what ironic means.

> > Also you're repeating your assertion that there is only one person
> > unwilling to use github, which is not true.
>
> I want to say that there might be much more people willing to use
> github.

OK.

Unfortunately that's a supposition without any hard data to back it up. I
can tell you there exist at least two people in the community who will not
sign up to github. I don't know if Kurt would refuse to; but even if he
signed up, there would still be XEP authors who'd refuse.

I would repeat: I *like* github. Really, I do. Just not for this work. I
think - and I appreciate this is not your view - that losing control over
the XEPs and/or the discussion surrounding them would be a very bad error
for the XSF.

Dave.