On Sep 2, 2014, at 12:07 PM, edhelas <edhe...@movim.eu> wrote:

> So, do we decide something for the next meeting ?
> I don't want to forgot this thing… one more time.

Forget what?   I thought we had consensus before use of an external git repo
would be limited.  I don't quite understand why that should be revisited.

I note that before the decision on the external git repo hosting was a board
decision, which is where I think such decisions belong (if not at the executive
director or with teams).   I think questions to the membership should be very
high level such as "We want an issue tracker" not "Outsource the issue tracker
to vendor X".   But I don't think we need to vote on a "We want an issue
tracker".  The board, I think, knows this is something the membership desires,
or at least enough of the membership desires, to take appropriate action.
The details should be left to them and those they delegate execution to.

> We really need a new tool to track our issues so let's do it !

Personally, I think the value of tracking tools is overrated.  But guess I've
been exposed to far too many trackers full of dozens of open issues which no
body has a real plan to address.  That said, I don't object to one being
deployed so long as its use is optional by authors.   I'll stick to good old
email.

-- Kurt