Hello,

(Sorry for the mistype on previous mail that send it prematurely)

I read the Unique and Stable Stanza Ids and what I miss is some perspective on recommanded use case / implementation. As a server developer, we indeed need Stanza ID in many contexts (Like for example to undupe resend of messages that were not acked).

However, what is a standard XMPP server expected to do with that XEP ?
Should it force stanza ID on every messages ?
How does it interact with s2s ? Should we discover support by other server and remove the stanza on outgoing s2s packet when it is not supported ? Should this only be implemented in component that need it (for example MUC) ?

I think any clarification on the use case that the XEP covers would be welcome.

Thanks !

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net