On 15.07.2015 14:27, Mickaël Rémond wrote:
> I read the Unique and Stable Stanza Ids and what I miss is some
> perspective on recommanded use case / implementation.

XEP-SID is meant as building block for other XEPs. It's a re-useable
extension for other extensions that need unique and stable message IDs,
like MAM.

> As a server developer, we indeed need Stanza ID in many contexts (Like
> for example to undupe resend of messages that were not acked).

You can solve *that* particular use case with conventional stanza IDs
already. XEP-SID IDs primary focus is to identify a stanza over a
infinite period of time.

> However, what is a standard XMPP server expected to do with that XEP ?

With the XEP alone: Nothing, besides obeying the business rules. Which
basically comes down to: Don't strip XEP-SID's extension elements from
stanzas.

> Should it force stanza ID on every messages ?

No

> How does it interact with s2s ?

I no way.

> Should we discover support by other
> server and remove the stanza on outgoing s2s packet when it is not
> supported ?

No

- Florian