Mon, 12 Oct 2015 13:03:52 -0300
Ben Langfeld <b...@langfeld.me> wrote:

> I'm happy with people reporting bugs against my open source projects.
> When they come back and ask "is it done yet?", then I get mad.

Your feelings are very interesting to know, but how this relates to the
original problem about privacy lists replacement? Seems like you're
trying to move the topic in another direction.

> "Has to" in the sense that in order to sustain standardisation, one
> must write/edit standards. If you prefer to do something proprietary,
> then of course you don't have to comply with the XSF's process. You
> can't demand that the XSF does something and then say "but I won't do
> it myself, YOU should do it".

Yes, yes, I got your point: pay or do it yourself (GTFO, basically).
The problem with such approach is that users tend to search for another
project where developers don't treat them as complaining trolls.
Though, this is also irrelevant to the current discussion about privacy
lists :)