Le mercredi 6 janvier 2016, 15:29:31 Peter Waher a écrit :

> > Alternatively, if it's just about easier input, support Markdown on
> > the sending side and use XHTML-IM. I don't think we really need more
> > ways of formatting messages.
>
> You would not be able to recover the markdown this way, which might be of
> interest (see my response earlier).

Actually we do recover Markdown from XHTML. Of course you can have some loss;
but in practice it's working pretty well (you can test on our demo:
https://libervia.org, choose markdown in settings/parameters/composition)

Markdown is not standardized, and there will probably always be different
flavours, I don't think it fit with XMPP, and it should definitely be a client
only feature and not in a XEP in my opinion.

Goffi