> I don't see any duplicate data here. The auth tag is moved from the
> end of the payload into the 'key'. Moved. Not copied.

Although it's moved (not copied), it's still appended to each key, so you
have sizeof(authTag)*numKeys instead of just sizeof(authTag). Doesn't
matter too much, but it still adds to the overhead. For AE I don't see much
of a reason to further encrypt the auth tag, is there something that came
up in the audit about this?