On 26 September 2017 at 10:03, Guus der Kinderen
<guus.der.kinde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Should we rename the status names that we use in XEPs? One of the recurring
> criticisms about XMPP that I read is "Pretty-standard-feature XYZ has a XEP
> that is only "experimental"! By doing some window dressing, we will improve
> the perceived maturity and stability of the protocol.

Left shifts are bad.

I'd rather we chose to aggressively advance XEPs, and where we find
that impossible, try to fix the problems preventing it. In other
words, I would rather improve the actual maturity and stability of the
protocol, rather than merely play with the perception of it.

We need a playground, and we need that playground to be in the open -
Experimental XEPs should be providing this playground.

That said, "Draft" is an IETF-ism that could easily enough be replaced
by "Stable" - it's been dropped at the IETF (incorrectly, I feel, but
still) so the reference is largely gone.

Dave.