On Tue, Nov 14, 2017, at 12:06, Dave Cridland wrote:
> So arguing over whether it's a Core, Advanced, or neither feature
> seems a bit pointless - except that it means XEP-0387 may reflect
> neither the current reality nor any particular desirable future.

I think the distinction between Core/Advanced might not be fantastic and
have ideas for changing that, but I wasn't going to bring it up until we
start on next years.

As it stands right now, I could still go either way on this and think
the only thing that really matters is "does it present an undue burden
for server developers to implement"? I'm not sure. It was a bit of a
pain that last time I implemented it (and required a major refactoring
of the way I handle connections), but I had assumed that was just my
library because I hadn't considered alternative stream negotiation
protocols at all (presumably if I'd done the websocket protocol first it
would have been the same problem).

What do the server devs here think?

—Sam