On Montag, 20. November 2017 09:09:48 CET Maxime Buquet wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> A few remarks regarding 0392 after having it implemented in poezio,
> thanks to Jonas.
>
> Using JIDs as the source for the hash brings at least an issue to me in
> MUCs. You'll see the same person in different colors depending on what room
> you're looking at.

I found another issue with using the bare JID if known: on some IRC
transports, the bare JID will depend on the connection of the participant, and
may vary on each join. Normally it would be preferable to have the nick color
constant.

So I now tend to use the nickname instead of the JID in MUCs. Does anyone have
objections?

kind regards,
Jonas