Related issue: JIDs are case-preserving, but case-insensitive. So the
coloring should also be case-insensitive. Therefore, we probably need
to normalize/downcase/similar the JIDs.
Does the same apply to Nicks as well?
On Fri, 2017-11-24 at 09:11 +0100, Jonas Wielicki wrote:
> On Montag, 20. November 2017 09:09:48 CET Maxime Buquet wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > A few remarks regarding 0392 after having it implemented in poezio,
> > thanks to Jonas.
> >
> > Using JIDs as the source for the hash brings at least an issue to
> > me in
> > MUCs. You'll see the same person in different colors depending on
> > what room
> > you're looking at.
>
> I found another issue with using the bare JID if known: on some IRC
> transports, the bare JID will depend on the connection of the
> participant, and
> may vary on each join. Normally it would be preferable to have the
> nick color
> constant.
>
> So I now tend to use the nickname instead of the JID in MUCs. Does
> anyone have
> objections?
>
> kind regards,
> Standards mailing list
Beste Grüße,

-Marcel Waldvogel
University of Konstanz
Distributed Systems Laboratory
Efficient Secure and Private Collaboration