On 6 Dec 2017 13:28, "Kevin Smith" <kevin.sm...@isode.com> wrote:

On 29 Nov 2017, at 16:42, Jonas Wielicki <jo...@wielicki.name> wrote:

> Present: Dave (Chair), Kevin, Georg, Daniel, Sam
> Minutes: Yours truly.
>
> Chat logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/2017-11-29#15:55:08
>

> 1. XEP-0387 (Compliance Suites 2018), vote to move to Draft
>
> The Last Call expired at 2017-11-15. Kevin objects that the Council may
have
> to re-issue the Last Call because the current Last Call was issued by the
> previous Council and no decision on advancement was made subsequently.
>
> Since it is not clear that there is any process requiring Council to do
so and
> no value is seen in re-issuing the LC, no new LC is issued and the vote
is on
> advancement to Draft.

I note that this isn’t quite right - the process here is that a new LC is
required (as I noted in the meeting).

The reason given in XEP-0001 (I had the rule swapped in, but not the
reason, at the time) is that previous Council may have not given feedback
publicly (because they have their say in Council), and the new LC gives the
previous Council a chance to publicly express opinions to inform new
Council’s votes.

On that basis, I do feel like we should probably do things properly and
re-issue the LC, so I’m -1 on advancement without that step.

/K

Let's just issue another LC, then. While I agree it'd be lovely to get the
XEP done this year, it's not the end of the world and I don't see that
arguing about it will solve anything (especially if XEP-0001 has this in
the process).

Dave.