сб, 21 дек. 2019 г. в 14:53, Florian Schmaus <f...@geekplace.eu>:

> On 21.12.19 10:50, Andrew Nenakhov wrote:
> >

> > пт, 20 дек. 2019 г. в 19:25, Marvin W <x...@larma.de
> > <mailto:x...@larma.de>>:
> >
> >     On 12/20/19 1:15 PM, Andrew Nenakhov wrote:
> >     > You have sent a string '>>>>>', which was escaped to
> >     > '&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;' before sending to the server.
> >
> >     I have sent ">>>>>" verbatim (exactly the stanza I send you in the
> last
> >     mail was what went (TLS encrypted) to the server. According to XML
> >     standard "the ampersand character (&) and the left angle bracket (<)
> >     must not appear in their literal form" [1], but nothing is wrong with
> >     having > in literal form (if it doesn't appear after "]]" in which
> case
> >     it has to be replaced with a reference).
> >

> > Before we proceed any further, could you please clarify what exactly you
> > mean by 'I have sent ... verbatim' ?
>
> This was the string presented to the layers below the XML layers, e.g.
> TLS, to be put on the wire.

We assumed as much but weren't sure. Anyway, Marvin had sent a malformed
stanza, which was corrected (escaped) by the server. Next, a client that
counted characters in a different way than he did (which was known
beforehand) counted them differently.  Next he complains he didn't get the
result he expected.

The only thing I'm surprised is that the server didn't just drop the
connection, as it does when receiving unescaped < symbols

--
Andrew Nenakhov
CEO, redsolution, OÜ