On 2020/01/21, Jonas Schäfer wrote:

> Title: Inbox
> Abstract:
> This specification proposes a mechanism by which clients can find a
> list of ongoing conversations and their state.

> The Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
> proposal as an official XEP.

The discussion has popped up a few times, but we quickly discussed again
keeping the opened tabs/chats in Poezio between restarts yesterday[0].

We already have a "reorder" plugin that does that but it's all manual
work atm. One has to edit a text file themselves and then /reorder at
runtime to apply (generally not long after starting).

You can of course move tabs without any plugin.

I was also curious and read Inbox again today, thinking it could help.

I am missing important things though, a dumb list of JIDs that I can
set and retrieve, also keeping the order in which my tabs/chats are.

That seemed to correspond to the abstract of the protoxep so I'm curious
if there could be something done about it.

[0]: https://lab.louiz.org/poezio/poezio/issues/3515

--
Maxime “pep” Buquet