On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 at 19:46, Maxime Buquet <p...@bouah.net> wrote:

> On 2020/01/21, Jonas Schäfer wrote:
> > The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
> >
> > Title: Inbox
> > Abstract:
> > This specification proposes a mechanism by which clients can find a
> > list of ongoing conversations and their state.

> > The Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
> > proposal as an official XEP.
>
> The discussion has popped up a few times, but we quickly discussed again
> keeping the opened tabs/chats in Poezio between restarts yesterday[0].
>
> We already have a "reorder" plugin that does that but it's all manual
> work atm. One has to edit a text file themselves and then /reorder at
> runtime to apply (generally not long after starting).
>
> You can of course move tabs without any plugin.
>

> I was also curious and read Inbox again today, thinking it could help.
>
> I am missing important things though, a dumb list of JIDs that I can
> set and retrieve, also keeping the order in which my tabs/chats are.
>
> That seemed to correspond to the abstract of the protoxep so I'm curious
> if there could be something done about it.

All things could be done, of course.

Yes, we can in particular remove the forwarded message stanza; I think that
would be sensible to have as an option - though I think the overhead is
pretty low.

That then gives you a dumb listing of jids but in the order of how recent
the last message was, still.

A truly straightforward list, uninterpreted and unordered by the server,
feels more like the kind of thing we used to use PrivateXML for (and would
now use PEP with suitable permissions). Not the domain of this
specification, I think.

Dave.