Hi all

I've submitted a PR for a new protoXEP: MUC Mention Notifictions

https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/1022

The goal is to document how someone who's affiliated, but not currently present in a MUC might receive notifications when he/she is mentioned inside that MUC.

For the concept of "mentions", XEP-0372 references are used.

To enable this feature, I've opted for a configuration setting in the MUC.

Apparently Tigase already has a similar feature to this protoXEP and relies on letting the user opt-in when registering a nickname with the MUC.

Maybe someone from Tigase can comment on the particulars of that. My understanding is that this necessitates the ability to self-register in a MUC, which IMO adds a hurdle to adoption of this feature.

Regards
JC