> The other part this PR tries to address is to specify how clients should
> behave when they receive an error in reply to a reactions payload. I
> think that without clarification, the clients should "revert to the
> previous reaction state", but I proposed to make "empty my reactions for
> this message". Any feedback about this?

Removing all reactions just because a user unwittingly adds one too many seems
like a bad experience; rejecting the extra(s) makes the most sense. A user then
has the option of deciding whether the new reaction is important enough to
warrant removing any (and which) of their previous reactions to fit it in.
0444 already provides a way to remove all reactions (send an empty 'reactions'
element), so clients should already be able to do that if necessary.
The obvious omission is removing an individual reaction (where there are
multiple), though this can be simulated by removing all and then adding back
the wanted reactions (as ugly as that is.)