On Wed, 29 May 2024 at 19:41, Marvin W <x...@larma.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 2024-05-29 at 08:57 -0500, Stephen Paul Weber wrote:
> >
> > I disagree. I think it is a chatroom.
>
> A user is not a chatroom. A chatroom is something where users join and
> leave and send messages to that are received by other currently joined
> users in the room.
>
> I have never heard of someone suggesting that a user is a chatroom or a
> user's personal JID is a chatroom JID or anything like this. In no
> other context we have previously understood user JIDs as groupchat
> chatrooms.

This is only tangentially related to the topic of bookmarks, but in our
group chat protocol we made a groupchat have a regular JID, and it does
wonders. Among other advantages and ease of use on multiple platforms and
syncing devices, etc, it also provides seamless fallback for legacy client
apps, who's users can participate in group chat and do it on all their
multiple devices entirely without issues, message carbons and all. Joining
and leaving is done entirely via subscriptions.