Martin Sebor wrote:
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
The diff conditional got truncated in the copy & paste:
[...]
So does this mean Intel renamed crtxn.o to crtend.o between
9.0 and 9.1?

Intel tells me (in issue 355260) they have an undocumented
compiler option -cxxlib-nostd that will apparently let us
do away with all the special object files and libraries on
the link like. I tried it in a manual test a few months ago
and it seemed to work fine but I haven't changed icc.config
to use it yet. Would you mind checking it out and if it
really does work putting together a patch that enables it
for 9.0 and beyond?

Do you think there is value in preserving the former linking for pre-9.x compilers?

Liviu