Liviu Nicoara wrote:
Martin Sebor wrote:
Liviu Nicoara wrote:
The diff conditional got truncated in the copy & paste:
[...]
So does this mean Intel renamed crtxn.o to crtend.o between
9.0 and 9.1?

Intel tells me (in issue 355260) they have an undocumented
compiler option -cxxlib-nostd that will apparently let us
do away with all the special object files and libraries on
the link like. [...]

Do you think there is value in preserving the former linking for pre-9.x compilers?

Make that pre-8.1 compilers (as per the Intel incident).

I'd keep it unless it's *really* hard to do just in case
someone is using an old version of the compiler.

Martin