Martin Sebor wrote:
[...]
I expanded the .zip file containing a mock-up of Marc's proposed
changes and put it up on my home page:

http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx-506/

We're looking for feedback on the changes, positive or negative,
as well as suggestions for additional improvements.

To kick off the discussion, I rather like the Apache logo on
the current banner:
http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/doc/stdlibref/frames-banner.html

The new banner for comparison:
file:///tmp/apache-look-and-feel/reference/frames-banner.html

I looked around the Apache site for interesting banner designs
and put together a list of those I liked (see below). The ones
I liked the best have some interesting, maybe shaded background,
other than just plain white with a simple rectangle in it.

The Tuscany logo: http://incubator.apache.org/tuscany/

The style of the ServiceMix banner:
http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/home.html

The XAP banner: http://incubator.apache.org/xap/