Martin Sebor wrote:
Hey everyone,

Marc Betz has been working on the improvements to the stdcxx
documentation outlined in STDCXX-391. Most of them are pretty
straightforward and can, IMO, be implemented without much
debate (although feedback is always appreciated :) but there
is one that I think we need input on from a wider audience:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-506

I expanded the .zip file containing a mock-up of Marc's proposed
changes and put it up on my home page:

http://people.apache.org/~sebor/stdcxx-506/

We're looking for feedback on the changes, positive or negative,
as well as suggestions for additional improvements.

I hope this is the kind of feed-back you are looking for.

From a functional, informative point of view, both the banner and the docs themselves are ok.

But from an artistic, look-and-feel, etc., pov they look... well, not so good. The banner may be expressing the Apache membership alright but the artistic impression is poor. The docs themselves, with the old-fashioned three frames view and the ugly little blue buttons give me a strong sense of deja-vu, ca. 1996.

I don't have any suggestions for improvement, but all the other pages in the list I have looked at looked _much_ better, banners included.

HTH,
Liviu