Andrew Black wrote:
Martin Sebor wrote:
Andrew Black wrote:
[snip]
The Batman script is build_stdcxx.bat, located along side the unix
build_stdcxx script.  This script is batch file, which calls into
parse_runlog.wsf script for the purpose of processing the result log for
batman.
I suspect we're not going to want to touch that. But before the
script invokes parse_runlog.wsf it does this:

    echo ### Building solution / Creating HTML log
    call build\build_%COMPILER%.bat %SHORT%

    echo ### Post-processing for Batman
    cscript /nologo parse_runlog.wsf /BUILDTYPE:%SHORT% /CONFIG:%COMPILER%

It seems that we'll be interested in making changes to this
build\build_%COMPILER%.bat script. Where does it come from?

It's the batch file generated by the configure.bat script.

Oh, so the "script" to migrate from Batman to stdcxx is basically
just these few lines of code:

@echo on
date /T
set
@echo off

echo ### Creating solution

call generate.bat /CONFIG:%COMPILER% /BUILDDIR:%~dp0\build /LOCALES:no

if %errorlevel% neq 0 (
        echo result.file.type=stdcxx-short> %OUTFILE%
        echo state=C>> %OUTFILE%
) else (
    echo ### Building solution / Creating HTML log
    call build\build_%COMPILER%.bat %SHORT%

    echo ### Post-processing for Batman
    cscript /nologo parse_runlog.wsf /BUILDTYPE:%SHORT% /CONFIG:%COMPILER%
)

Minus the invocation of parse_runlog.wsf, and minus the error
branch.

And the date statements that Farid's talking about should go
right after the call to generate.bat and after the call to
call build\build_%COMPILER%.bat.

Travis, could you look into creating this new script and
changing build_stdcxx.bat to invoke it?

Thanks
Martin

--Andrew Black