I agree that there are several changes that are needed in the document,
but disagree that this warrants a significant change of schedule.
Specifically:

* It seems that there is wide agreement for adding the "ciphertext
 stealing" method to handle odd-size sectors. This means that another
 subsection should be added to each of 4.3 and 4.4 (and some more test
 vectors should also be added). All of this should be doable within
 the next week or so (I think).

* It also seems that there is agreement *against* changing any of
 the LRW details. (Is this true?)

* Matt and Serge should produce the motivation section, and again there
 is no reason that this cannot be ready by next week.

So I think that we should try to stick to the Jan-25 date for the next
version of this document.

Given that there are "somewhat significant" changes, we probably will
not get to vote by Jan-30, though. I suggest that instead we allow
further discussion until Sunday, Feb-5, with the intention of only
commenting on specific text rather than on "general-principles".
(Namely, comments of the form "the text in ... should be replaced by
...")

Then we can do some last-minute changes (if necessary) and be ready for
a vote in the next meeting on the week of Feb-13. (Speaking of which,
when will this meeting be held?)

-- Shai

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Since a whole chapter is still missing (my comments have not been
incorporated: Addendum to Introduction, Dec 12, 2005 5:35 pm, to go to
this new Backgrounds chapter), like the handling of odd sized sectors,
and there are significant requests for changes, I think we don't have a
version we could consider to discuss, let alone to vote on. We should
modify our timetable:

- We need a draft version with all the changes in, and two weeks for
comments.
- Then we need a meeting to discuss conflicting change requests, new
additions.
- Then we need a revised draft, and two weeks for comments.
- Finally, we could submit the final write-up for voting.

Laszlo