So far, I have not seen any substantiation of the
10**-9 figure. I ask again: Why not 10**-10? Why not
10**-11? To me it's apparently a figure that someone
just made up. In contrast, the birthday bound used for
evaluation of security of RNGs and hash functions,
2**(n/2), is substantiated. And _that_ is what's
actually used in cryptography in such contexts. 10**-9
is not. Therefore I'm asking for a substantiation.