Morris & group,

I think that I am missing something here: ECB is a component of LRW,
so any system that uses LRW in particular also uses ECB.

Not knowing much about NIST certification, I assume that to be certified
you need to demonstrate that

(a) you are using a NIST-certified mode, and
(b) you are using it according to whatever conditions are described in
  FIPS 140-2

Any system that uses LRW would meet (a) above, so I would have though
that such system could get NIST certification if it demonstrated (b).
Am I wrong?

-- Shai