Hello all,

I'm new to the list and have been lurking for the last few months.  Just to
further illustrate the point Nikolaos made, I thought I would let you know
my story.  I've been asked to create a web site for a new company.  Myself
and my buddy are going to be the only programmers on the project.  We were
seriously considering using Stripes, and I even bought the Stripes book from
amazon and read it.  I really liked what I saw of the framework, but was
worried about building a new business on a framework in which I had the
exact perception Nikolaos presented.

To quell my fears, I asked this question on StackOverflow
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3221687/risk-evaluation-for-framework-selection
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3221687/risk-evaluation-for-framework-selection>I
left the name of the framework off in order to try to keep people from
forming an opinion based on the individual framework, but it was all about
stripes.  The answers were good, but still not enough to get myself and my
friend to go with Stripes.  We've since chosen another framework and are
just starting implementation.

If I wasn't working a full time job and implementing this new site in my
spare time, I would love to jump in and help with Stripes, but as it is,
this is just a testament of Nikolaus concerns.

I hope you guys are able to get the traction in the community (users and
developers) you need to get Stripes to really take off.
Joel