I have a problem with the deprecated ApplicationConfig class, and still
requiring it in the PlugIn interface.

It is not possible to create a PlugIn implementation without refering to
ApplicationConfig (even when using PlugInPatch, you have to implement
PlugIn). This gives deprecate warnings.
Some quality assurance departments do not accept code that compiles with
deprecate warnings, making it difficult to use Struts 1.1 (in the
PlugInPatch api doc, it says that PlugIn will be changed to use ModuleConfig
after 1.1) for those companies.

Couldn't we wait to deprecate ApplicationConfig until PlugIn stops refering
to ApplicationConfig?

Or could we change PlugIn before the release? It has not been in the
previous release. It has been in the beta though.

Jan

code example:

package my.package;

import javax.servlet.ServletException ;
import org.apache.struts.action.PlugIn;
import org.apache.struts.action.PlugInPatch; // remove when PlugIn switched
to ModuleConfig
import org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet;
import org.apache.struts.config.ModuleConfig;
import org.apache.struts.config.ApplicationConfig;  // remove when PlugIn
switched to ModuleConfig

public class MyPlugIn implements PlugIn, PlugInPatch  // remove PlugInPatch
when PlugIn switched to ModuleConfig {

    public void destroy() {
    }

    // method required by PlugIn interface, uses deprecated class
ApplicationConfig.
    // remove when PlugIn switched to ModuleConfig
    public void init(ActionServlet servlet, ApplicationConfig config) throws
ServletException {
        init(servlet, (ModuleConfig) config);
    }

    public void init(ActionServlet servlet, ModuleConfig config ) throws
ServletException {
    }
}