On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Ted Husted wrote:

> Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:49:31 -0500
> From: Ted Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: PlugIn, ApplicationConfig and Deprecated
>
> For the record, I'm with David. A beta is a beta. Any application
> advanced enough to be using ApplicationConfig directly is advanced
> enough to do a little renaming when moving from b2 to b3.
>
> I support the commitment to provide backward compatability between
> releases; but, IMHO, backward compatability between betas is an
> oxymoron.
>
> Though reasonable people can disagree =:0), and I can understand
> why others might want to err on the side of conservation.

Since we went to all the effort to change ApplicationConfig to
ModuleConfig in the first place, we should complete the task and banish it
from any non-deprecated APIs that we have.  This whole change did make me
pretty squeamish :-), but a half-completed change is much worse than a
fully completed one.