Yep.
Same decision I made. Im glad I went with struts.
:-)

-----Original Message-----
From: David Graham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 10:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Hello, all.

>From: "Andrew Hill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "Struts Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: RE: Hello, all.
>Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:17:26 +0800
>
>Barracuda is an impressive framework. It also has quite a powerful event
>model which struts lacks.
>The rendering seems tied to XMLC however. Ive not used Barracuda myself so
>dont know how hard it would be to make it play with a different view
>technology. That said, using a DOM approach for rendering has substantial
>advantages. As it happens Im also using a non jsp DOM based rendering
>approach (not xmlc though) for the view in my struts app - and it must be
>said from this experience that struts certainly doesnt tie you down to a
>particular view technology. :-)
>
><btw>
>Interesting to note that many of the things that struts lacks compared to
>frameworks such as Barracuda are addressed in the JSF spec - events,
>component models, etc...
>Im very much looking forward to Struts for JSF...
></btw>

This is a direct result of Struts not trying to be everything to everyone.
The main Struts functionality (action controller) is unlikely to become a
standard as far as i can tell.  So, Struts fits nicely into a comprehensive
web framework composed of various standards and your own code.  I'd much
rather develop apps that use standards and appropriate toolkits like Struts
than with something like Barracuda.