LOL - this is getting comical :-) Personally, I chain for the same reaons that Laird notes. Ex: deleteDetail.do has a success forward to showDetails.do. Call it illegal, but it works just fine :-) One thing I do do is always redirect instead of forward -- I can certainly see where forwarding to another action could have adverse side-effects (when you consider how form population works).

V. Cekvenich wrote:

I too get unsure what bus. logic is.
But I am all +1 that you have a "good" practice example. I think it is text book as to what is action and what is not. (if / then )

But that is not chaining. To me chaining means that you have a series of workflow processing that you solve... oh wait..... confused.
OK, there is good chaining and bad chaining. But thats splitting hairs now.
I don't know I guess. Hope Ted chimes in.

.V

--
Eddie Bush