On the other hand, you lose bookmarking.  If the end result of an action
is to return to a common view (e.g., after submitting the "Add Widget"
form, you end up on the "View Widget" page or "View All Widgets" page)
the user should be able to bookmark that page.  This also applies to the
back button--otherwise you get a lot of "Page Expired" type messages.

If you use redirects, each view has a URL that shows up in the browser
address bar, and can be bookmarked, pasted into an email, etc.

Phone 202-463-4860 ext. 258 / Fax 202-463-4863