Jason van Zyl wrote:

> > I hate the fact that the word "service" is so overused, but in this context
> > it would be an implementation of an interface residing at the request scope
> > of an application.
> >
> > I'm still pushing for a lightweight, application level service framework
> > within Struts, I'm just working on a proof of concept and some real code
> > before I go and introduce anything, probably not a great move community-wise
> > on my part.
> >
> > For people unfamiliar with the service framework I'm talking about,
> > basically it's a set of standard interfaces for common application
> > functionality such as localization, device detection, object pooling, etc.
> > The most common functionality would be included with implementations with
> > Struts, more time-intensive implementations could hopefully be represented
> > as a set of plugins/adapters for commercial vendor products that provide
> > that functionality.
>
> There is already a functional services framework in Turbine, is
> there anyway we could work together on this?

Ted Husted (a Struts commtter) and several others are trying to put together a
proposal for a code sharing subproject/repository/something on the GENERAL list
right now -- this sounds like another candidate for code that could be shared once
the infrastructure of the sharing is set up.

Jason, does this also relate to the DbResources discussion recently on
VELOCITY-DEV, or is that something different?