On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Schachter, Michael wrote:

> Jason,
>
> I don't see why not, the general idea is the same.  Maybe there should be an
> org.apache.services package and a separate repository for this sort of
> thing?  The kind of thing where Turbine and Struts committers can both
> participate?

There's a discussion on the general list about general tools
and frameworks. I guess we should jump in there as there
is a discussion in progress!

> If there was collaboration, I'd prefer it not to be Struts or Turbine based.
> A framework where the community at large decides on how the interface
> methods are declared would be a powerful thing, and shouldn't be interfered
> with because different design methodologies for web applications cause
> different projects to exist.  I mean, this is open source.

There's a services framework in Avalon and there is one in
Turbine. I'm all for melding them into a single framework.
There's probably good things about both of them, I am
only familiar with the Turbine service framework, but
I will be looking at the Avalon way soon!

jvz.