> That was the reason, why I wrote that application resources also play an
> important role in your design.

Without a doubt - by design!  :)

>>If buttons move from one page to another  you'd have issues in your design
>>as well, unless each page is pointing to the same action - right?

> Sure, but only in jsp pages and struts-config, not in source code.

> Of cource not dynamically. But it is quite possible that some designer
> just wants to redesign pages and move part of functionality to another
pages.

I'd still have to see a real use-case for this as I think there are more
complex issues involved in a case where you're moving a button from one page
to another that are beyond the scope of our dispatch action discussions.
All forms mapping to the same generic dispatch action that you designed?
All the same type of form bean being handled?

    Erik