> well, but now, in case of using DispatchAcion this footprint is really
small,
> I would say, that it is not much bigger, than implementing
getKeyMethodMap() ;-)

Right, you have one additional action mapping in struts-config than my
design.

I have mappings in the subclass via getKeyMethodMap, and strings in
ApplicationResources.  Putting labels in ApplicationResources is something
that really should be done anyway so no real difference there.  In your
design you have to name each button differently, whereas in mine, they all
have the same name, but different values.  In your design you have to deal
with the ".x" stuff explicitly.  In mine, I'll have my base class (I haven't
written the one for different named buttons yet, but will eventually) deal
with it automatically so it will be hidden from the designer and developer
of the Action subclasses.

I just don't feel that struts-config is the appropriate place to deal with
those kinds of mappings as they are very concrete to the "action".  A matter
of preference, I suppose.

Is that a fair enough summary?

I still like my design better! :)  But yours works and certainly is a viable
alternative.

    Erik