On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Anthony Martin wrote:

> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:59:43 -0800
> From: Anthony Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Struts Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: RE: cvs commit:
>     jakarta-struts/src/share/org/apache/struts/config  ConfigRuleSet.java
>
> Yes, I totally missed it.

Reviewing the HTML docs, we don't have any mention of it, so this isn't
totally unexpected :-(.

>  Anyway, changing over to the set-properties
> allows my ActionServlet to start again, but the data-sources still don't
> actually work the way they used to.  It has something to do with the
> GenericDataSource finding the driver string null.

I take it you are using a recent nightly build?  It's been working for me
with GenericDataSource, talking to a Postgres database.  Could you post
the stack trace that you get at startup time?

One other thing to keep in mind is that the JDBC-ODBC driver isn't really
designed to deal with web-based applications -- it has thread safety
issues.  But that's a different issue than a startup failure.