Martin for the feature request bug 6477 I don't agree with you.
I think it could be a nice feature to be able to use SQL in or with
Strut tag.

Like they said on the
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/standard-ea3/DB_Funct
ionalDescription_1_EA3.html :

"Many dynamic web applications need to access relational databases for
the dynamic aspects of their presentation layer. While it can be argued
that database operations should be handled in the business logic of a
web application designed with an MVC architecture, the fact of the
matter is that real world applications will sometimes require this
capability within the JSP pages for various reasons (e.g.
prototyping/testing, small scale/simple applications, lack of developer
resources, etc)."

That's why you should reconsider hit.

Frederic