There is no point in Struts duplicating what is already available in
Jakarta-taglibs and what may also be in the JSTL.

If you want to do this, use the Jakarta Taglib dbTag.

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/dbtags-doc/intro.html

Works fine with any data source, including the Struts generic data
source.

-- Java Web Development with Struts.
-- Tel +1 585 737-3463.
-- Web http://www.husted.com/struts/