From: David Winterfeldt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 10:56 AM
To: Struts Developers List
Subject: Jakarta Regexp Package Issue

I'm reposting this.  It might be easily missed since I
forwarded the bug for this that I filed.

Email Validation doesn't allow '-' in address.  This
is an error in the Jakarta Regexp package.  It also
has trouble with large max values.
   ex: ^\d{2,1000}$

Does anyone think we should just switch to ORO?  I'm
leaning that way, but I used Jakarta Regexp because it
was considered 'lighter'.  If it isn't completely
reliable, that doesn't really matter.  Or we could
include both as an option, but I don't want to confuse
anyone.

David