At 11:27 AM -0400 2002/09/20, Michael C. Han wrote:
>Currently, in order to have preprocessing of a request, we must extend
>RequestProcessor each time.  I think it will be beneficial to create
>mechanism similar to the PlugIns.  This'll give us the ability to perform
>operations like authentication checks and etc.  It'll give us a
>ServletFilter like capability within the ActionServlet.
>
>thoughts?

Check out Struts Action Plug-in Extension 1.0.2
<http://www.asqdotcom.be/struts/>  Is that enough like what you need?

Last time I saw it cross this list, it sounded like there was
interest in integrating it into the "contrib" area of Struts, but I
haven't seen any activity on that.

If this isn't what you have in mind, I'd suggest implementing your
idea in working code and then inviting other Struts developers to
check it out and see what they think.  Several pieces of struts came
into the core distribution this way (validator, tiles...)  This way,
your code can get real field testing without disturbing the core
distribution (especially as close as it is to a full release!)  And
even if it never gets integrated into the core, it still works for
you, and if you choose to share it, for anyone else who's interested.

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { [EMAIL PROTECTED] }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
        --Sam Goody, 1956